The Iron Lady is still dividing the British society. The high society in the church made their tributes, not only to Mrs. Thatcher, also to the conservative message, actually splitting Europe into rich (many no-tax payers) and poor (all tax payers). On the streets there were many protesters in the UK, some demolished the letters at cinemas, featuring the latest movie about the Iron Lady. The Iron Lady was a very bad role model for many European politicians. On the bureau desk of German Iron chancellor Angela Merkel is a Thatcher portrait. I was amused by the short resume of the British photographer Charlie Colmer (below), he sub-titled his shot: “pomp and capitalism”
title=”a bit of a do – 1″ – photo by charlie colmer, click on the picture to enter his galleries on Flickr.com
- Gallery: Margaret Thatcher’s funeral (globalnews.ca)
- Britain’s Iron Lady Laid to Rest with Full Pomp (world.time.com)
- Dominic Sandbrook: The Iron Lady’s send-off was more like the Iron Duke’s (standard.co.uk)
- Britain’s Iron Lady to Be Buried With Full Pomp (abcnews.go.com)
- Britain’s Iron Lady to be buried with full pomp (kansascity.com)
- Thatcher’s Funeral: The barriers and the bollards were ready but the throngs never came. . . (independent.co.uk)
- Britain’s Iron Lady laid to rest with full pomp (news.yahoo.com)
- Britain to bid farewell to its Iron Lady, Margaret Thatcher (foxnews.com)
- Britain’s Iron Lady laid to rest with full pomp (thehindu.com)
I fully supported a state funeral for Thatcher, but only whilst she was in power. Once she’s dead, it’s no fun at all.
Great photo Frizz.
Did you see this from John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten – http://www.nme.com/news/public-image-ltd/69689
“…the campaign to get
‘Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead’
to Number 1 in the singles chart
is gathering pace. An update from
The Official Charts Company
reports that the song is currently
placed at Number 4…”
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/public-image-ltd/69689#rCcJk5OzCdurEmJc.99
First photo I’ve seen of it!
She was friends with President Ronald Reagan, a man whose policies caused the same thing in the US like you said it did in the UK.
Reagan and Thatcher are dead,
but their decisions are still making
many people poor – and a few richer…
I missed this, thanks Frizz!