What is your most important word with the letter A? America, Africa, Antarctic? Anxiety, anger, aggression? Automobile, A-bomb, armchair? AFRICA is in my reflections because it is (for me) a reminder to basic feelings: to love colors, dancing, strong emotions. It’s sad, that Europe is blocking boat people, who had the personal courage to escape from bad African conditions, trying to immigrate to Europe. What a loss of chances, to change European lifestyle by learning to express more emotional responses. I adore the “Ladysmith Black Mambazo” project by Paul Simon, who worked together with South African musicians.
title=”Cayuco con inmigrantes (Boat with subsaharian immigrants, instant arrival to Las Palmas – tugged & scortted – on 29/05/2006). Photo by Miguelángel, on Flickr”
https://flickrcomments.wordpress.com/2011/12/25/the-a-archive/ 20 “LIKE”s
https://flickrcomments.wordpress.com/2012/01/06/weekly-photo-challenge-a-archive/ 27 “LIKE”s
What is the most important word with the letter “A” in your mind?
- Paul Simon and Ladysmith Black Mambazo: Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes (flavorsofmusic.wordpress.com)
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo: How we inspired Mandela (cnn.com)
- MEISA Presents: Paul Simon’s Graceland Journey – Under African Skies (meisaohiostate.wordpress.com)
- Movie Review: ‘Under African Skies,’ About the Paul Simon Album ‘Graceland’ (movies.nytimes.com)
- Paul Simon Celebrates “Graceland” 25th Anniversary With Box Set, “Under African Skies” Documentary (929dave.radio.com)
- Paul Simon Celebrates “Graceland” 25th Anniversary With Box Set, “Under African Skies” Documentary (jack.radio.com)