title=”Kölner Lichter” by digitman2006 – click on the picture to enter his flickr galleries!
I like to visit Cologne, Germany. The famous cathedral, the Rhine river, the museum, the street musicians – I’m always happy to be there. Yearly they have not only some chaotic carnival actions – also a wonderful firework on the Rhine river called “Kölner Lichter” – enjoy the three large photos below by other photographers; then some (smaller) Cologne pictures by myself …
title=”Canon EOS 550D – 13,0 Seconds” by Arne Bergsch [RAW] – click on the picture to enter his flickr galleries!
title=”Koelner Lichter 2010″ by gaidaphotos – click on the picture to enter his flickr galleries!
now following some Cologne shots by myself (4-9):
- Fireworks on the River Rhine (mirror.co.uk)
- The COLOGNE Cathedral / Kölner Dom (flickrcomments.wordpress.com)
- The LOVE LOCKS of COLOGNE (flickrcomments.wordpress.com)
- Muslims & Jews Unite Against German Circumcision Ban (markgeoffreykirshner.com)
- German Jews and Muslims blast circumcision ban (cbc.ca)
- Circumcision ban is the ‘worst attack on Jews since Holocaust’ (independent.co.uk)
- Muslims & Jews Unite Against German Circumcision Ban (ayannanahmias.com)
video featuring some street musicians at the Rhine river boulevard:
there was a big public controverse discussion in Cologne about the glass window of the artist Gerhard Richter – in my flickr photo stream for example Paul from Canada commented:
“THIS IS A GOOD WINDOW for most Germans who are mired in the digital age…and aren’t in the Eternal Age of Jesus Christ. Meaningless colour splotches belong in a mosque…for true congruency between art and that religion’s content…and certainly not in a consecrated Catholic edifice. The Catholic Church is the kingdom of God…Islam is nothing…give these nothing windows to them…”
hi “Never was an arrow” / Paul in Canada:
some groups in Cologne are very pro-Christian and do not have big trust vs. the Islam culture. Actually a judge in Cologne made an action vs. the rite of curtailment (circumcision?) saying, that to circumcise a little boy would hurt the human rights of the little man. Now the Jews and Muslims in Germany are demanding a clear decision from Berlin law makers for the right to continue to practice those old rites….