New negotiations started in the USA between Israel and the Palestinians.
Frizz-comment: There is no charismatic Nelson Mandela for Jerusalem in sight. Imagine a government in Jerusalem with two presidents (from former Israel AND from Palestine) doing the will of a mixed parliament (50% from Israel, 50% from Palestine): That’s the situation in united Germany (and was in South Africa). As an atheist I can watch only with irony the strange clash of religions world-wide. Sunni and Shia are killing continuously each other in Syria or Egypt, Pakistan or Iraq. My opinion: religion out off politics (as in France)!
title=”At the Western Wall in Jerusalem, Israel” – photo by Werner Schnell, kindly sent to my group BLOG IT!, click on the picture to enter his galleries on Flickr.com
- Q&A: 2013 Israeli-Palestinian peace process (politico.com)
- Mideast peace deal seems far off (stripes.com)
- In new Israeli-Palestinian talks, gaps remain wide (journalstar.com)
- In new Israeli-Palestinian talks, gaps remain wide (miamiherald.com)
- In brief: middle east talks (goerie.com)
- Another Attempt at Forging Peace Between Israel and Palestine Is Ignited (madukovich.wordpress.com)
- Israel approves release of 104 Arab prisoners in move aimed at facilitating restart of peace talks with Palestinians – @Reuters (reuters.com)
- Abbas pledges: There will be no Israelis in Palestine (timesofisrael.com)
- Hamas slams Abbas for resuming negotiations with Israel (worldbulletin.net)