You can find the clash of civilizations very sharp in Pakistan. Poor rural people suffered under the flood recently very hard. On the other hand Pakistan has high tech nuclear weapons. Also some Taliban are hiding there. There's also a conflict with India. On the other hand the administration tries to stay in peaceful contact with the USA and other Western countries. Maybe the future of global politics will be decided by the fact, how politics develop in Pakistan. That could be as difficult as to dismantle a large tanker ...
photo by Zahid Hussein Photo-Journalist (Pakistan News Pictures), Karachi – click on the image to enter his flickr photo collection…
- Children of Dust: A Memoir of Pakistan by Ali Eteraz Chronicles a Boy’s Coming of Age in Fundamentalist Pakistan (prweb.com)
- In Pakistan, rightwing alliance is revived (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Pakistan-Iran-Afghan talks ‘a message of defiance’ to the US – RT (rt.com)
- US, Pakistan to avoid ‘divorce’ (nation.com.pk)
- Bachmann, Perry clash over Pakistan aid (sfgate.com)