Through social media, a counterweight is created in the public mind. More and more governments are confronted with it. Knowledge is created now inductively by the people, not deductively by a few in power.
Istanbul – Besiktas & Taksim Riots & Police Attack – 04.06.13, a photo by Hamoon Nasiri @ facebook.com/hamoon.de on Flickr.
- Turkish protests blamed on opposition, Twitter (upi.com)
- Wave of Unrest in Turkey (online.wsj.com)
- Woman in Red Emerges as Turkish Symbol (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Gezi Park Protest From The Perspective Of An Avoider (katrinkaabroad.com)
- Evacuation de la Place Taksim à Istanbul – 11 juin 2013 (berthoalain.com)
- Giorgos Moutafis in Istanbul’s Taksim Square (newyorker.com)