After she had studied in the USA Rita Banerji went back to her Calcutta and worked there as a journalist, author, political activist. Not easy in the country of Gandhi, patience and old structures of social hierarchy to support enlightenment. She wrote a great book “Sex and Power” reflecting the female situation in India. And she made heart touching photos!
photo by Rita Banerji – click on the image to enter her flickr photo collection. She comments herself: “I am a writer, photographer and gender activist from India. My book “Sex and Power” was released by Penguin Books. My website is www.ritabanerji.com – I am also the founder and chief administrator of the “50 Million Missing Campaign”, which fights female genocide in India.
- What’s Killing India’s Little Girls? It’s Not Love! (genderbytes.wordpress.com)
- What Can Individuals Do? Interview With Campaign Founder (genderbytes.wordpress.com)
- Rita Banerji’s Interview With Masala-Mommas! (genderbytes.wordpress.com)
- #Occupygandhi (socyberty.com)
- #occupygandhi (chloricmicrobe.wordpress.com)