If women are allowed by their husbands to leave their home for work: that’s not emancipation! Mostly it’s only supervised work under bad conditions: In Bangladesh for example, where recently 100 female workers lost their life by a fire in a clothing factory. In India still “dowry death” is a problem, the killing of little girls, not a genocide but at least a “femicide” as activist Rita Banerji from Calcutta writes. China managed to bring extremely down the female birth level: with absurd results. My daughters (an architect and a banker) – can they be glad, that they were born in Europe and not in Arabia, India, China? But equal human rights: that had been a global promise or not?
photo by Rita Banerji, Calcutta, click on the picture to enter her galleries on flickr. She comments: THE “50 MILLION MISSING” IS A CAMPAIGN AGAINST FEMALE GENOCIDE IN INDIA. MORE THAN 50 MILLION WOMEN HAVE BEEN KILLED IN INDIA IN LESS THAN A CENTURY.
“One Woman” Song launched on International Women’s Day 2013
- The world’s female politicians should inspire British women | Sayeeda Warsi (guardian.co.uk)
- Femicide (pfcairns.wordpress.com)
- International women´s day 2013 – Let´s look into their eyes and do something (feelingnomad.com)
- Women’s Day sets hope for Indian women (bigpondnews.com)
- “Women” the Helpless Species of India (shanepedia.wordpress.com)
- Honoring women worldwide (inspiritational.wordpress.com)
- One Billion Dancing to End Violence Against Women (blogher.com)
- Indian women call for justice on International Women’s Day (cbc.ca)
- In Pictures: Egyptian women march on International Women’s Day (dailynewsegypt.com)
- Happy International Women’s Day (marvaseaton.wordpress.com)
my favorite song related to “Women’s Day”: