Weekly Photo Challenge: JOURNEY – if train stations could tell, what they’ve seen in all those decades!
I like the station in Antwerp, an interesting double architecture – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antwerpen-Centraal_railway_station – up: the old train station, down: a new, modern version to optimize efficiency. The central train station is located in the Jewish neighborhood of Antwerp, Amsterdam. Jewish? It comes into my mind, that some surviver of the Holocaust, escaped to USA, actually are demanding money for the pain, they had to suffer in Germany by the DEUTSCHE REICHSBAHN (German railway Company deporting Jews into Concentration Camps like Auschwitz etc.). Indeed, during the World War II many train passengers made a journey into the hell.
photo for the “weekly photo challenge” community of dailypost / wordpress – picture was shot by FrizzText, click on the image to enter his flickr photo collection…
my wife Barbara, waiting for a train to Amsterdam in Haarlem’s old fashioned Central Station:
if train stations could tell, what they’ve seen in all those decades: indeed, they all have HISTORY, have seen many emotions – and still they are doing: like on Ellis Island in New York one could integrate museums on every train station, if a single person would start there to collect all those stories! A photo of every train station could be the cover for a novel like, for example, “MANHATTAN TRANSFER” by John Dos Passos.
my wife Barbara, a professional photographer, made a book about a family from Turkey and their long journey over three generations: at first their grandpa traveled to Germany = the suitcase on the photo. The proud end of the story: the new shoes of his daughter in law. The grandchildren are talking Turkish and German as well …
the following photo is not by myself, but has been sent by Joan Barrett, NYC:
photo by just jb / Joan Barrett; title=”A Look of Warning”
(frizz-comment: not every journey is bright and clear and filled with joy; others are mystic, are filled with fear …)
feel free to add in the comments the link to your own interpretation of this week’s topic JOURNEY
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey (mothergrogan.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey (passion2read.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey (scrapydo.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey #3 (alicethroughthemacrolens.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey (joycannis.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey (lynneayersbeyondthebrush.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey (thetaskmistress.me)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey (andreadreamin.com)