I’ve introduced several times the work of the Nationaal Archief in the Netherlands or the State Library of New South Wales or the National Library of Ireland or the Library of Congress (Washington) – they all uploaded at Flickr.com and also kindly sent their treasures to my group BLOG IT. So as a tribute to the 5th anniversary of the “Flickr commons” I proudly present again a few of those forefathers’ snap-shots:
“U155 at Tower Bridge” by National Maritime Museum
“Dog with a pipe in its mouth” by LlGC ~ NLW
“One wheel motor cycle” by Nationaal Archief
“What an amazing contraption!” by National Library of Ireland on The Commons
“House, Houston, Texas” by The Library of Congress (LOC)
“Wreck of the ‘Gratitude’, Macquarie Island, 1911” by State Library of New South Wales collection
- Flickr Commons’ most-viewed or most-favourited photos of the last five years (telegraph.co.uk)
- 30 Of The Most Powerful And Popular Images From Flickr (buzzfeed.com)
- 30 Photos to Celebrate Flickr Commons 5th Anniversary (twistedsifter.com)
- Flickr Celebrates Commons’ 5th Birthday with Most-Popular… (cssmania.com)
- Flickr Commons Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With Gallery Of Favorite Images [Updates] (makeuseof.com)
- Flickr Commons marks 5-year anniversary with galleries of most-viewed pics (dpreview.com)
- Flickr Celebrates Commons’ 5th Birthday with Most-Popular Galleries (petapixel.com)
- Happy 5th Birthday to the Flickr Commons! (infodocket.com)
That concept of that one wheeled motorcycle should be looked at again!
Congratulations, wonderful post and of course blog too. Thank you, love, nia
What an amazing set Frizz! That Texas house is the standout for me.
Love these old pictures! Great presentation and post!
Pingback: the-end-of-the-analog | Flickr Comments
Pingback: Dedicated to all submarines | Flickr Comments
Love the old photos! :S
Great collection of old photos, Frizz! The look on the dog’s face is priceless.
Happy Birthday Flickr!