Austerity = an ascetic manner after a war or practiced by self aggressive monks, an arrogant minimal lifestyle of wise philosophers or freaky designers, a bitter necessary after a divorce or for permanent jobless human beings: austerity is actually the most searched word of the Merriam Webster Dictionary …
photo via flickr.com by Frizztext – click on the photo to enter his collection…
read the discussion there about the financial crisis in the USA or Europe …
- Merriam-Webster chooses ‘pragmatic’ as its word of the year (100gf.wordpress.com)
- Merriam-Webster Tries To Climb The Freemium Wall (forbes.com)
- ‘Pragmatic’ chosen as Merriam-Webster’s ‘Word of the Year’ (ctv.ca)
- Merriam-Webster Picks Word of Year (abcnews.go.com)
- What’s the word of the year? ‘Pragmatic’ (cbc.ca)
- Note 218 – How the Merriam-Webster Company was formed (mywritingnotebook.wordpress.com)
- Merriam-Webster picks ‘pragmatic’ as Word of Year (newsok.com)
- Merriam-Webster picks ‘pragmatic’ as Word of Year (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Ask Massively: The first one hundred words in the Merriam-Webster dictionary edition (massively.joystiq.com)
- Merriam-Webster’s Word Of The Year (wdok.radio.com)
- To incentivize or not to incentivize, that is the question (blogs.constantcontact.com)
Ah, this word is all too familiar…
austerity at first 2011 was used in an US-article about the financial crisis in Greece, Marina. I hope you are doing well in Athens, I hope they have money enough to buy your wonderful paintings?
Unfortunately this is not the case, Frizz. My work [painting, music and design] is considered a luxury, when elementary things are becoming hard to get. I’ve lived -happily- with very little in my life, so I’ll continue to do so. My only wish is that the smile returns on peoples faces, for now it seems everyone looks down with desolation…
written for you:
about the austerity measures in Greece
I like your photo, on austerity. Do you really get to keep, the most loved item under austerity, or do you have to give it up, first? That is my question. So good to come around and visit: Pretty soon will be day, anothe day to get out there and kick the dirt in search for…models (but then everything is model – finding beuty in everything)
keep or give it up; maybe I should sell a guitar – and write only = more important for me…
Good one Frizz. Not used to seeing your guitar without you! Margie
my daughter still makes music, she has a band; it’s not necessary, that I make music too …
I like to think of it as minimalism; that sounds less severe, and more avant garde 🙂
my wife Barbara likes to compose photos in the style of minimalism:
I sense a new type of challenge in the future: dictionary definitions!
should I continue, visualizing terms of the Merriam Webster Dictionary? I’m really interested …
You have such a skillful eye for a photo!
Amazing…the most searched word? Love your photo….austerity perfecto!
Wow–I wish my spare room would be this clean and filled with such lovely sunlight and floored so beautifully and CLEANLY. There is a lot to be said for austerity–solves all kinds of problems, if you ask me!