“Perseverance is a noble quality – yet, there are times when we decide to throw down the gauntlet, walk away” (Elizabeth Obih-Frank)
frizz-comment: I learned now the word GAUNTLET, – O.K. to throw that gauntlets down, like a permanent chess player, who suddenly decides to take a healthy walk into the forest with his dog…
photo via flickr.com by Frizztext – click on the photo to enter my collection of images …
Bobby Fischer biography 1 (of 1-5)
- inspiration-the-best-way-out-is-always-through (eof737.wordpress.com)
- A Big Day For American Chess [EvolutionBlog] (scienceblogs.com)
- Storyville: Bobby Fischer, Genius and Madman, BBC Four, Super Tiny Animals, ITV1, review (telegraph.co.uk)
- Vishy Anand: I found Bobby Fischer surprisingly normal and calm (guardian.co.uk)
- TV review: Super Tiny Animals; Bobby Fischer: Genius and Madman (guardian.co.uk)
- Twitter Forces Defeated by Grandmasters in a Chess Game (leaderswedeserve.wordpress.com)
- The Soviet Chess Machine (russianloyola.wordpress.com)
- Reblog: Things I’ve (never) done (flickrcomments.wordpress.com)
- Huntsman Throws Down the Lincoln-Douglas Gauntlet (thepage.time.com)
- I am throwing down the gauntlet. (beingshadezero.wordpress.com)
- Throwing Down the Gauntlet (epiphanysolutions.co.uk)
photo via flickr.com by Annie Mallégol / sistereden2 – click on the photo to enter her collection of images …
I was fascinated by the video, short as it was. I remember Bobby Fischer and what an enigma he was.
Great photo of the chess pieces! I am a checkers girl. 🙂
I have never played a chess but it sounds so fun. 🙂
The chess pieces are great. They look like glass.
they are glass; my chess figures – I like to play with them when sun is shining …
Love the way you began and ended this post: such evocative contrasts between the ambery, light-filled chess pieces and the man and woman playing chess outside all swaddled against the cold, brains hot with concentration! Wonderful post that says so much about how we humans meet challenges!
Defense, defense: Never have I learned offensive, never have I learned how to play chess, really, but guess what: Ican move the pieces like a pro!
Very interesting post! Didn’t know that Bobby Fischer had such a high IQ (per the video).
Excellent ! Thanks !
my similar trial in New York
P.S.: I played many years chess till I got wise and canceled the maniac permanent battle …
Love the concentration of the woman.
Have always wanted to learn to play chess.
perhaps, I will make it my New Years resolution.
Thank you for a very nice post.
What a nice surprise to be quoted…
I feel so famous already. 😆 TY Frizztext!
You’re so generous with us.
Happy Holidays! 🙂
You are famous in my books Eliz…
Beautiful especially the first photo. 🙂
Pingback: The G Archive « Flickr Comments by FrizzText
Pingback: red army vs. white army « Flickr Comments