friends from USA and Russia, France and UK, Italy and Poland etc. are trying to help Germany to find methods to open and forget walls …
photo via flickr.com by Frizztext
but in the meantime other walls are built: from Israel (often criticized), from India (vs. Bangladesh flood victims, not well known), from USA vs. Mexico, from Italy vs. African refugees (they do not need stones, they have the water and a Navy)
a friend, a very talented musician, supported my simple guitar playing: so I got a fine swinging music background for my BERLIN slide show = speedy BERLIN more and more forgets the Iron Curtain history, walls are open now since twenty years – and though the two Germanies still are not completely united (there are some remaining walls in the minds) nevertheless they are learning from each other …
related own articles:
berlin-on-my-mind/ – hoheneck-women-jail/ – walls/ – peaceful-revolution/ – hope/ – schadenfreude/ – berlin-tempelhof/ – vimeo/ – berlin-wall-50th-anniversary – lullaby-for-marx-and-engels – marx-and-engels/ – weekly-photo-challenge-boundaries
- Berlin hotels city centre (ebookers.com)
- New Airport Spells Changes for Berlin Tourism (blogcritics.org)
- Berlin – culture and clubbing (ebookers.com)
- Berlin wall 50th anniversary (cosmonavigator.wordpress.com)
- Artist turns Berlin Wall into speaker for the people (holykaw.alltop.com)
- Berlin honours those who died crossing the Wall – The Independent (news.google.com)
- Germany marks 50th anniversary of the Berlin Wall — where to commemorate (gadling.com)
- Did the berlin wall go through berlin (wiki.answers.com)
- Germany marks construction of the Berlin Wall (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Berlin exhibit delves into Iron Curtain espionage (travelnews.britishairways.com)
- 50th anniversary of the Berlin Wall: a timeline (guardian.co.uk)
- Germany marks construction of the Berlin Wall (cbsnews.com)
I love your photographs… so expressive, so crisp and clear. 🙂
about walls in our minds:
My friends applauded just as a security guard walked in barking at us to stop, and then yelled at us to “stop being childish and acting like children!”
I can’t forget the Afro-American security officer on the roof garden, METROPOLITAN Museum of Art, Manhattan, “BARKING AT ME” to put on my sandals again (forbidden to be barefoot – between all those sculptures, inspired by African artists … (to take off my shoes was for me like to take off one’s hat entering a church to give a devoting gesture of worship…)
oh Africa, how forgotten you are in the land of Afro-Americans!
tomorrow I will write about museums and modern art … – today I will take some photos of contemporary art works …
question / FAQ:
Is Art a helper vs. walls in our minds? Breughel or Klimt, Max Beckmann, Grosz, Andy Warhol?
Great shot and we don’t need any wall( barrier).
Your wisdom is astounding. Blessings to you for your love for people and wonderful artistry. -watw
Thank you for once again opening my mind to the current events around the world. It is wise of you to point out the necessity of breaking down the walls that divide us.
I enjoy your thoughtful posts.
Great stuff to read and listen to with my breakfast – thankyou!
Humanity always buit walls in the wrong place, at the wrong times, and for the wrong reasons: And each once in a while they dug a trench or too. I’m glad to see people shaking hands and playing songs, and have a good time on those places ment to keep us from gettting to know each other.
Pingback: Berlin Music Video « Flickr Comments by FrizzText
Pingback: A new generation in Berlin « Flickr Comments by FrizzText
Pingback: Story Challenge Letter B « Flickr Comments by FrizzText