How to stop series of massacres? By gun control laws? Obama tries his very best, but the gun lobby maybe is strong enough to block a real change of minds…
Several times I’ve introduced the photographer Manuel Romaris; he took this shot of the famous sculpture near the United Nations Headquarters in Manhattan too; click on the picture to enter his galleries on flickr.com!
my comment, published by the New York Times:
it’s necessary to change the mind of a whole nation – not easy – we took some centuries in old Europe for that …
my comment for the New York times: “It’s necessary to change the minds of a whole nation – not easy! It took some centuries for us in old Europe …!
- Obama urges tougher gun laws: ‘A majority of Americans agree with us on this’ (suntimes.com)
- Howard enters US gun debate (news.theage.com.au)
- Obama gun proposal to include new federal trafficking law, anti-bullying, mental health measures: report (blogs.suntimes.com)
- Details on Obama’s plan for curbing gun violence|Including the executive orders he signed Wednesday (rep-am.com)
- Gun Appreciation Day: Americans up in ‘arms’ and fired up (examiner.com)
- Obama Calls For Sweeping New Gun Laws (crooksandliars.com)
- New York enacts tougher gun laws; Obama pursues same goal (bizjournals.com)
- Obama announces 23 exective actions, asks Congress to pass gun laws (heloise8.wordpress.com)
- Gun hysteria sweeping nation as Obama unleashes plans (thebrennerbrief.com)