a break-through symbol short before extinction?
Sometimes it is necessary, if you want to have a better future, to make a risky break-through. And sometimes organizing a good future is not to make something new, but the capability to remember the old landmarks of creativity – and not to destroy them. Actually these old wall graffiti, a tribute to the fall of the Berlin wall and those who had the courage to resist: actually a deconstruction is planned, because an expensive hotel likes to have a large entrance road. There is a tension, if the officials will ignore the protesters on the Berlin streets!
5 photos of the East Side Gallery in Berlin by frizztext, click on the pictures, to enter the galleries on flickr.com
related: Weekly Photo Challenge: FUTURE TENSE
- Berlin Wall protesters halt construction crews (telegraph.co.uk)
- David Hasselhoff leads fight to save Berlin Wall (telegraph.co.uk)
- Fighting The Good Fight: David Hasselhoff Campaigns To Save Berlin Wall’s East Side Gallery (contactmusic.com)
- Hasselhoff: Berlin Wall Segment Should be Kept Intact (theepochtimes.com)
- Sections of Berlin Wall artwork removed for property development (itv.com)
- Berlin Wall to Be Razed for … Luxe Housing (newser.com)
- David Hasselhoff campaigns to save Berlin Wall decades after helping bring it down (metro.co.uk)
- David Hasselhof rallies support for Berlin Wall (thelocal.de)
- Protesters block Berlin Wall gallery demolition (thelocal.de)
- Protesters halt Berlin wall plan (timesofmalta.com)